Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I live in another world, where life and death are memorized

Ye be warned, this is a heavy pictorial post and severely outdated.

i.

Merdeka Eve, tengok fireworks from the balcony.

Merdeka Day, watched Ismail: The Last Days. I wanted to watch it when I read that they incorporated Usman Awang's poetry, else than Doc Ismail being the most intriguing character in Malaysian political history to me.



I've never been to this kind of play before. The first time was a big scale one in Istana Budaya called Siti di Alam Fantasi, most of them were children but heck, they gave a stellar performance that nobody really cared that Amy Mastura was one of the leads.


Franz Liszt, one of my favourite composers

For this one, it was my first time at KLPAC. It was refreshing to see, that things go very smoothly, well done, well-sang and well worth the standing ovation. The songs are too repetitive at times, but that one haunting song does bode well with the scene. And I was in a delighted glee, it's not always that we get to listen to proper English, not British or American accented(okay maybe more towards British-ish), nor Manglish, but impeccably beautiful. Exactly the kind I like to listen to. It was quite a turn on really. Hmmm.



I was really impressed by the mass of supporting actors, who never forget to play their roles simply because they were in the background. One scene was particularly impressive; a scene where 2 main characters were conversing in the foreground, reminiscing about the past, and the background characters all so befittingly went into slow motion mode. They moved only like 1cm per second that it was almost unnoticeable if it weren't because of one cast, a waitress was walking from one side of the stage to another at THAT speed. Kalau aku, dah terketar-ketar kaki semua. Yeah, end up I was more engaged to watch the background actors than the lead cast.



I took my 2 sisters to this. The Sage was supposed to meet us there, but he got lost. Yeah, the town boy, got lost in KL. Ngahaha.



I drive and shoot at the same time. John Woo can hire me any day.




ii.



Last Friday, a bunch of us got together to celebrate Ju-On's birthday/majlis berbuka puasa at LaGourmet Cafe, The Curve. Blegh. Tak sedap, sikit dan mahal. Lapar seharian pun aku tak sanggup nak habiskan makanan aku. Tolong jangan pergi ya. But the service was very good.


Proceeded to watch a movie, Indonesian horror flick Angker Batu. It wasn't really that scary. I was already fed up because it's so bloody slow I just can't wait for a hantu to pop up, but the suspense building up to a scary scene was scarier than the bloody hantu, and the ghosts were mostly imported from Korea. You know, the weird postures, crawling up the stairs, stuff like that.


But one scene was very commendable, a whimsical, Neil Gaiman-ish, The Cell-like scene where we get to see what the possessed was going through in their heads as they lie there arching in hysterics to the eyes of the helpless crowd. They paid lots of attention to setting up the scenes and moods and backdrops for the movie, but they failed to put enough input in lines, plots and careful construction of the movie's flow. One comedian in the movie saved the day though, just by injecting nice dosage of funniness and silliness, whilst the rest of the actors are batshit terrible at playing serious, horrified, panicked, exhausted and heroic. In the end, it looked more like a badly done, confused zombie movie. Blegh.


We went to the new Rasta afterward, where the workers were clumsy. One dropped a glass and sent shards of glass everywhere, very near to us that our jeans and shoes were the only reasons we weren't getting arterial bleeding. Another one dengan bengap sengal bodohnya menumpahkan HOT WATER atas tangan aku. I was THIS close to being THAT jerk of a customer who snaps and fucking screams her head off at the poor thing. Heck, fighting natural instinct to automatically retaliate was actually kinda frustrating. Tsk tsk.



Ape point sebenarnya semua ni? Since when do my entries have points? Aku rajin nak post gamba hari ni. Tapi malas nak buka Flickr. Hence the nonsensical randomness. To the backwards people who's still using dial-up, do forgive me, and go get a bloody broadband.

Post Scriptum: i. captures from Nikon D40, ii. captures from Canon IXUS 960 IS. Tweaks done on iPhoto.

5 comments:

Shah Baharudin

La Gourmet mmg tak worth it..should have asked me, haha, dah try dah almost all the kedai makan at the curve, as of last year that is

Anonymous

aaah. the pic are all nice. tu je nak ckp. bye.

Pourpres~

shah: Dem betol. Membazir duit je. Kalau tau makan puas2 kat rumah sane minom air je. Bukannya puasa pun.

Polar Bear: Hehe, thanx. Drive by shooting mcm ala2 lomo, no thinking just snapping.

Thanx for today bitch

the Constantly Dramatic One

Eh that picture of you in KLpac is OSSSSUM! Also the fact that it looks washed out give it a vintage look. Me likey.

And you pakai tudung? Tak tau lak. Hey you know I partied with the cast of "Ismail the Last Days". My friend, is the granchild of Tun Ismail, and they had a party hosted in honour of that play so the whole cast was there. Those people can party, I could tell you that.

Also, we should go catch a play together sometimes =)

Pourpres~

Yeah I pakai tudung. Comel kan. haha

Cool, I had a chat with the caucasian lady. Linda if I'm not mistaken, very down to earth, nice, coy person.

I read that they had him present so that to ensure the depiction were as accurate as it could be.

We should go watch a play together. I'm loving it. :D

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008