Thursday, August 14, 2008

And DJ, play a song for the Lovers, tonight... Please, play a song for the lovers, tonight


Looked into the mirror
I see nothing but a blur of shape that is me
Black shadows sit where the eyes should be
Another slit of shadow replaces my lips
And long, messy, jet black hair framing the faceless.

As if on cue, I heard the intro blaring through the silver and black metal box.
I turned around, bore holes into the speaker in disbelief, with my half-blinded eyes.
Fuck, did you all know that iTunes came with a bloody psychic?

My smile faded
I know my heart's vacationing on Mt. Helicon
Its inside resembles a certain disheveled apartment
But the nymph is already playing with her hair
So I bit my lips instead, the way you always bit yours
A sudden melancholic breeze whispered..

What if
there was no chance
in this world..
that I can go back
to my Nantes?

Ever again?

The mirror seems to agree
As I stare again
At nothing but the blur shape that is me
At the black shadows that are my eyes
At the slit that is my lips
And at the long, messy, jet black hair framing the faceless.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008