Wednesday, August 6, 2008

There now steady love

By Cecilia Carlstedt

We are not cat-haters. We just came from a family (just mom and gramps actually) who forbids pets, specifically cats. So forgive me, if I know so little of cats, kasi potong, what to feed them, and that famous musim mengawan shit. I have/had one friend who's absolutely scared of it. She jumps every time a cat comes close. I, on the other hand, am not scared of them. Except for the adult ones. They scare me when they stare. I think they're unpredictable. I believe they might just jump and attack.

It starts from years ago when we were kids, my little sister, who's more into cats then I was, chased a male cat and it hid underneath a chair. #2 then proceeded to sticking her head underneath it, trying to grab the cat still, so all I can see was, a kid's body, and a big chair attached to it replacing the head. All the sudden she was screaming like crazy, hands flailing in a madly panicked way. Like any epileptic episode, I was just stunned. Turns out the damn cat was scratching her head. Yeah it was her fault but imagine what I had to see, and how that affected me till years to come.

I do not jump, or run, or anything when them felines come near. But I'll get into an alert mode, ready to run. I will not go 'Tsk tsk tsk alaaa chomey nye dieeee" or "Meh, meh sini" and worse, in the middle of people eating, pick up a stray cat and put it on my lap while the cat's God-knows-where-it's-been-to paws and nose on the table, same level with other people's food. Wow. And I am called insensitive.

But after Molat, I am more approachable. No I will not touch it. But I'll give them food. Because sometimes that's all they want. If it's in it's catwoman gedik mode, I'll shove you over to my friends, who would gladly accommodate to you the way they wish their boyfriends would do them.

Looking at how protective and motherly some people are towards their cats, I've always thought that cat people are a little kooky. Yeah I get that it's your baby. Whatever. But it's still a living, breathing animate object that's bound to die, so why add another heartache?

One fine day I had to help my cousin bring her cat to the vet. Because the cat got involved in some gang fight. Spoilt brat, suck it in dude. But hey, its mama worries about the poor thing. So I was the bothered one, finding my way in KJ, looking for a vet that she doesn't have clear directions to, and name she can't remember. And the goddamnfricking cat just won't can it, it kept on meowing probably because of the way I drive. Every time it meows, my cousin will reply.

Meoow..

"Ye.."

Meeeeoowwww...

"Ye sayang..."

Meeeeooowowowowowow

"Ye dah nak sampai ni..."

............... (o_O) ..................

Okay, there are cat lovers, and there are crazy people.

"Kau sorang je ke kat rumah?"

"Hak ah, kalau kucing aku ade, dua orang lah."

It's not orang, stupid!

"Kau tau, tadi dia pergi dating ngan awek dia, dia pergi rumah awek dia amek dia, lepas dating, sweet gila dia siap hantar balik awek dia."

Like the cat's got a motorcycle where he can pick up and drop her off. Uh-huhh.

At one point, my cousin got off the car to ask people for directions. And left the fricking cat in the car with me.

Meow..

".............."

Meooowww....

"Diam ah! Kau ingat aku suka ke pusing-pusing dengan kucing bising dalam tengahari buta panas nak mati ni ha?!"

MEEEOOOOWWW!!!

"Ok ok sorry, aku tau kau pening, sekejap je lagi sampai la, sabar sikit boleh?"

Meow..

And it shut up.





Fuck, I'm crazy.



4 comments:

magenta

Hahaha..I'm one of those crazy people who talk to cats as if they understand me. They meow and I meow back, and we can go on for half an hour just meowing at each other. Nasib baik I can multitask.

It's kinda unhealthy though how attached we are to each other (macam bf-gf pulak; see, crazy :p) that masa I balik Msia, my maid told me my cats tak lalu nak makan for 4 days. Love is cruel!! Hahaha.

Pourpres~

Wow, ni lagi crazy, you MEOW back. HAhahahahahaha!

I believe in the connection, and the appeal it has over people, and to an extend they do understand us, just that, some people DO sound crazy :p

I had a kitten once. That was enough, never again :( My heart can't take it. Hehe

Anonymous

ROFL!!! terbaeek. frickkin hilarious.

Pourpres~

frickkin hilariously crazy I say :p

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008