Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dedicated to [n]. Aku jatuh cinta

Some minds can't stay idle
For imaginations might go rampant
Ravaging what's left of sanity

Coffee, cigarettes and a book
There are days that those are all I need
And I have one in my hand
Descriptively witty it's almost poetic

Melancholic irreverence
Of oldies tunes and crowding feet
Of blasting coldness and busy mouths
Turns out it's not so bad to read here

Pekerja korporat mengisar ceritera
Tentang mesyuarat dan bos yang tidak kompeten
Tentang budaya syarikat yang tidak efisien
Tentang sistem sokongan yang tidak semenggah

I will be ushered into that world
And never have I dread it this much
For that's not the life I want to live
No matter how much it pays

Aku mahu lari ke dunia asing
Buka kedai kopi yang sederhana
Decorated with trinkets in my collections
Dipenuhi hanya buku yang aku suka
Set against photographs and paintings my heart sings to
Berkerusi malas dan sofa yang selesa
Set against poignant quotes from literati of grandeur
Dan jangan risau, smoking is allowed

For purists and elitists alike
For cheating lovers and old couples
For livid imagination and lucid memories
For subdued subconscious and the whimsically euphoric

Aku jatuh cinta hari ini
Dengan lukisan yang halus
Dengan fotografi yang realis
Dengan ayat sedondon fikiranku

In muted colors and black and white
In vibrant kaleidoscope and dead sepias
Aku membeli senaskhah buku
Yang telah kujanji buat sahabat
Kerana hatiku girang

0 comments:

Blogger template 'PurpleRush' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008